Even though summer is just about over, I finally started enjoying summer & have a few trips coming up so I recently bought a couple new swimsuits.. oops. I'm not sure about you, but I haven't bought a new swimsuit in at least two years so it was high time (95% of my swimsuits are from VS so since they've stopped making them I've been SOL). Swimsuits to me are a big commitment because you need it to fit you right & if you want it to fit you right you usually have to pay a pretty penny for something you probably won't wear all that often. Also, I have an incredibly difficult time finding swimsuits I like in a store & which ends up with me resorting to online shopping. Don't get me wrong I LOVE online shopping - probably too much - but swimsuits are one of the things, again, you need to fit.
I took a dive (pun intended) & purchased a swimsuit from Wave Babe Swimwear. I am beyond impressed with their customer service so thank you guys so much for giving me a swimsuit I love & for dealing with me being a PITA (as my dad would say - Pain In The A$$) customer who needed an exchange. I went against one of my swimsuit rules which is no white, but I'm not sorry about it.
I got the Monaco Top - $48 & Bottom - $54 from their Jet Set Collection & am obsessed with the bottoms (also comes in black). This for me is a huge thing because I am not a girl who shows off my curves in a bikini so I love that the bottom is a cheeky but not insanely cheeky, is high-waisted, and has a dip in the back of it which for me counteracts the feeling of wearing a diaper in high-waisted swim bottoms. The top fit pretty good which is more than I can say about any other swimsuit I own. It is definitely not something to jump off a high dive in, but what really is? I love how their suits are chic & minimalist. Plus they come in really cute packaging with a dry bag to pack your swimsuit in after it is soaked or store jewelry in etc. which is always a bonus!
With all of the struggles I've gone through trying to find a swimsuit that fits amazing online, I wanted to share a few tips that will hopefully help you when shopping for yours!
TIPS FOR ORDERING SWIMWEAR ONLINE
- Check to make sure it has padding / no padding - depending on what you want, you don't want to assume.
- Read the reviews - these will give you such good insight into the brand or fit.
- Know your body - if you aren't comfortable wearing a thong bikini make sure it isn't one. Sometimes the pictures can be misleading so you want to make sure you definitely know what you're ordering when it comes to a swimsuit.
- Take measurements - most places online now will tell you the measurement of at least one size for you to get an idea of how it will fit & have size guides that are estimates for the rest. Don't only look at the measurements though - measure yourself for a good idea especially since you're probably going to have to get a different size top & bottom. Most bloggers would tell you to order two sizes which is great if you are shopping major retailers that have free returns or have a store close by, but when shopping small it would be easier just to message them & see what they recommend. Most likely they will be more than happy to help!
- Double check the return policy - you don't want to be SOL if you can't return it or exchange sizes!
- Check social media - personally, I always feel better buying from a brand after stalking their social media for comments or other reviews especially when it is a place I have never shopped before.
I hope these tips will help you feel more confident when shopping for your next swimsuit online! Where do you like to get your swimsuits from? Comment below!